Update: 2021 Trial Work Period

 From SSA's Ticket to Work

Have you heard this myth?

"If my benefit payments stop because I started making money through work, and then I have to stop working because of my disability, I will have to reapply for benefits all over again."

Social Security has special rules called Work Incentives, and today we'll explore one that helps bust this myth for people who receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). If you receive SSDI, the Trial Work Period (TWP) is a Work Incentive that allows you to test your ability to work for at least 9 months while maintaining your benefits. 

Learn more about updates in 2021 and check out the Trial Work Period fact sheet to get answers to questions like:

  • What is a Trial Work Period?
  • What happens when I complete my Trial Work Period?
  • How can Ticket to Work help me reach my employment goals?
Read Now

Comments