My Community, My Vision

Know any students with a great idea for how to make their community a better place to live? IHCDA has re-introduced the My Community, My Vision program this fall as school starts back up to encourage young people to have a hand in creating vibrant, active, and engaging public spaces.

Students from Irvington Preparatory Academy in Indianapolis, using IHCDA grant funds from MCMV back in 2018, built a Little Free Library outside their school. Students and neighbors alike are encouraged to “take one, leave one” in an effort to promote new learning and literacy.

The application is now open for interested IPA or AIM youth councils to apply for the My Community, My Vision Program in Spring 2023.

Any questions can be directed to Meagan Heber at mheber@ihcda.in.gov.

Comments